Communications and Stakeholder Management in Projects and Contracts
Duration: 1 Day 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Continuing Education Hours: 8
Identifying the project and contract stakeholders and then managing project communications with these stakeholders represents one of the most important duties of a project or contract manager. Project and contract managers must design, plan, and then maintain periodic and effective communications with project and contract stakeholders relative to the planned, current and expected status. Managing project and contract stakeholders represents a significant challenge for a project or contract manager. Key to this by project and contract managers is the task of analyzing the needs of the stakeholders and type of interactions these needs prescribe. This course assists project and contract managers in identifying stakeholders and their interests, assessing communication needs, meeting those needs, and disseminating related planning, execution and monitoring activities throughout the project and contract life-cycle. Participants will engage in practical and engaging exercises on the course content that will afford them opportunities to practice the tools and techniques learned.
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone who creates or manages contracts, or is involved in planning, executing, or managing projects.
- Anyone who is interested in techniques for identifying and characterizing stakeholders and their interests, and then designing and implementing a communications plan to interact with them.
Benefits of Attendance – participants will:
- Identify all project stakeholders.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis.
- Create stakeholder management strategies that maximize positive stakeholder output and minimize negative stakeholder input.
- Evaluate the basics of effective communication in the context of project management, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Plan for the communications requirements of a project or contract, including the use of communications-related technologies, models and methodologies.
- Understand how and what information/data to acquire and distribute, via the various media available.
- Effectively identify stakeholders for a project or contract effort.
- Demonstrate the techniques used for stakeholder analysis.
- Understand the composition and utility of tools like the stakeholder register.
- Recognize the benefit of developing a stakeholder management plan.
- Understand the basic functions of communications with team members and other stakeholders.
- Explore the various techniques available to communicate with stakeholders (push, pull, interactive).
- Realize the importance of documenting commitments and other functions with stakeholders.
- Understand the utility of a communications plan.
- Be able to synchronize the stakeholder management plan with the communications management plan.